Centreville, VA • (703) 962-0803 • email@example.com • linkedin.com/in/imran1570
Seeking full-time opportunities in the domain of Data Analytics/Big Data/Data Science/Business Intelligence. Willing to relocate.
Master of Science in Data Analytics Engineering August 2015 – May 2017
Concentration: Predictive Analytics GPA: 3.97/4.00
George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
Coursework: Analytics: Big Data to Information, Data Management and Data Mining, Decision Support Systems Engineering, Analytics & Decision Analysis, Applied Statistics & Visualization for Analytics, Heterogeneous Data Fusion, Statistical Learning and Data Analytics, Analytics for Financial Engineering and Econometrics, Applied Predictive Analytics.
Bachelor of Information Technology September 2006 – August 2011
Concentration: Databases, Data modeling/warehousing
Coursework: C# and Java programming languages and frameworks, Databases, Data warehousing, Data Mining, Software Engineering, Networks, Linux and Windows operating Systems, Computer Architecture, Probability & Statistics, Calculus and Business Management etc.
Data Science: Predictive Modeling, Simulation, Data-warehousing, Datamining, Machine Learning, Exploratory Data Analysis, Time Series Modeling, Forecasting, Statistical Modeling, Deep learning, Bayesian Statistics, Mathematical Optimization.
Data Modeling & Processing: R Studio, SQL, Open Refine, Keras / Tensorflow, Advanced Microsoft Excel, Matlab, Netica for Bayesian Networks.
Business Intelligence & Visualization: Tableau, MicroStrategy, MS SQL Server Analysis Services (OLAP).
Programming languages: Proficient in R and SQL, Knowledge of Python, Java, C#, ASP.NET.
Database Technologies: PL/SQL, Oracle 11g, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Microsoft Access.
Big Data & Cloud: Familiarity with Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce, Cloud, NoSQL Databases etc. Working knowledge of Cloud Services like Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud, Simple Storage Service, Elastic MapReduce and Elastic Block Store via Amazon Web Services QwikLabs.
Soft Skills: Professional verbal & written communication skills, relentless problem solver, time management, leadership traits, team player, meeting deadlines, effective reporting, and presentation, self-motivated, hard-working, collaborative.
Faculty Research Associate – Data Science May 2016 – Present
Center of Excellence in Command, Control, Communications, Computing, Intelligence, and Cyber,
George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
- Develop predictive analytic methodologies and statistical algorithms to assess the performance of Insider threat detection systems.
- Implement software and systems engineering frameworks to integrate and coalesce variety of models to deliver unified inference system, versioning control, and effortless deployment capabilities.
- Lead statistical modeling / data analytics team of the project.
- Lead ontology development thrust of the project to create knowledge sharing framework and a reasoning system to characterize the insider threat domain.
- Constantly met client’s model accuracy requirements.
Visiting Researcher – Data Analytics March 2017 – September 2017
Argonne National Laboratory (ANL) Chicago, IL (Remote)
- Evaluate data for real world effects of predictive real-time traffic signal information in collaboration with ANL Energy Systems Division researchers.
- Process large data sets and perform exploratory analysis to uncover driver behaviors of interest.
- Analyze time-series data from disparate sources such as Geolocation, Vehicular and Cellular data to understand the impact of traffic signal information.
Business Intelligence Analyst March 2012 – May 2015
Amin’s Commercial Alliance (A.C.A) Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Developed data warehouse to grow and mature company’s business intelligence.
- Analyzed financial data to identify the relationship between operations and payment trends.
- Designed and built the ROI dashboard on the BI system which eventually resulted in revenue of more than 150,000 AED (40,000 USD) per month.
- Used data to develop business insights and recommendations
Co-author of “Developing an Ontology for Individual and Organizational Sociotechnical Indicators of Insider Threat Risk” submitted to the 11th International Conference on Semantic Technology for Intelligence, Defense, and Security (STIDS 2016). Weblink: http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-1788/
- Outstanding Academic Achievement Award in Data Analytics Engineering Program
- Runner-up research paper award. I was the presenter of the paper at STIDS 2016 conference. http://stids.c4i.gmu.edu/award2016.php
- Data-warehousing course project entitled as a “Benchmark project for upcoming graduates”
- NUST Admission Merit Based Scholarship
- Facilitated A.C.A to reach the revenue target of more than 150,000 AED per month within 2 years.
- Financial Portfolio Risk Mitigation Analysis
- NYC Vehicle Accident Data Exploration
- Sales Forecasting for Walmart Stores
- Yelp Restaurant Ratings Analysis
- Decision Support System for Vehicle Selection