OIC 2009 Home
Call for Papers
OIC 2009 Committee
ONTOLOGY FOR THE
CALL FOR PAPERS
Submissions are invited of short papers in pdf format (up to 6 pages) designed to serve as the basis for
20-minute oral presentations at the conference. Accepted papers will be published (at speaker discretion)
in the proceedings. The authors of selected papers will be invited to submit longer versions for publication
in Volume 2 of the series on Semantic Technology, Information Sharing and Intelligence Analysis.
Papers may address a wide variety of issues addressing the ontology needs of the intelligence community.
We are especially interested in papers on
the following topics:
- Ontologies and reasoning under conditions of uncertainty
- Ontological issues related to source credibility and evidential pedigree
- Ontological issues related to the use of images and other kinds of sensing devices
- Creating an interoperable suite of public-domain ontologies relevant to intelligence
analysis covering areas such as:
- Social networks
- Ethnicity, religion and politics;
- Spatial and temporal phenomena
- Conditions that foster or inhibit outbreak of violence
- Biology and health
- Emergency response
- Usability issues relating to semantic technology
- Submissions due:
August 12, 2009---NOW August 19, 2009!
- Notification of acceptance: September 14, 2009
- Camera-ready papers due: October 5, 2009
Submissions will be evaluated by the Technical Program Committee.
Decisions about acceptance will be based on relevance to the above
topic list, originality, significance, topicality, and clarity. Since
all accepted papers will be presented at the conference, we require
that at least one of the submitting authors must be a registered
participant at the OIC 2009 Conference. Submissions are accepted only
using the IEEE format with a maximum total page limit of 6 (including
references and appendices, if applicable).
Short papers (up to 6 pages) can be submitted as pdf files through the conference
for more detailed typesetting instructions.
IEEE format example